- The Release Train Engineer will lead a team of Delivery Leads, Scrum Masters, Developers, Bas, range of 25 to 50 resources across employees and vendors. Accountable for managing multiple Scrum Teams
- Manage the relationship with Product Managers, Strategy and Planning Lead, Lean Portfolio Manager and other leaders to refine program backlogs
- Facilitate the scaled agile processes at the program level, including planning periodic reviews and planning sessions with team and product stakeholders, such as Release Planning, the Inspect & Adapt Workshops, and the Scrum of Scrums
- Collaborate with the appropriate individuals to translate business strategy into technology strategy and ensure that capabilities required by the business are enabled
- Fostering communication and collaboration between Agile teams within the Agile Release Train (ART) and system-level stakeholders
- Use tools such as program boards and information radiators to manage and improve flow of value through the ART
- Manage the program backlog that feeds work to the ART
- Removal of barriers and impediments to ART effectiveness
- Facilitating Program Increment (PI) Planning readiness and the PI Planning activity
- Optimize PI Planning readiness by fostering preparation of Vision, Backlogs, and Ideation processes
- Tracking and communicating key ART metrics, including impediments and execution
- Collaborate with IT leadership to define tolerable risk levels and manage/mitigate ART risks
- Facilitate relentless improvement for the ART
- Ensures adherence to Agile principles
- Execute on the workforce strategy for the workstream, inclusive of vendor partners, such that the ratios of employee/vendor, onshore/offshore, HIG offices, skill and technology needs are considered to achieve an optimum balance
- 10+ years of experience managing and directing highly complex software teams, large-scale, multi-project and application development/support teams.
- “Certified SAFE 4.5 RTE” – Must be
- Strong Technology background and hands on Agile experience delivering large programs using SAFE methodology.
- Demonstrates strong sense of urgency, ownership and operates in a collaborative manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Project Management, or related field or equivalent work experience.
|Candidates must be local to Los Angeles or must relocate to LA
|Our client is embarking on a large agile transformation journey and we are looking for an experienced Certified SAFE RTE to help guide our teams through the transition. The Release Train Engineer will lead a team of Delivery Leads, Scrum Masters, Developers, etc